Friday, January 18, 2008

About Me

Hi! My name is Jordan. I'm from Marietta, GA, which is about thirty minutes outside of Atlanta. I'm majoring in business management with a minor in therapeutic recreation. It is a really random combination. I have no clue what I want to do when I graduate. I figure a business degree gives me a lot of options, and I chose my minor because I'm really interested in helping people. Therapeutic recreation offers programs and services to people with disabilities. For the last several summers, I have gone on mission trips to Kingston, Jamaica. We work with an organization that provides a home for orphaned children with mental or physical disabilities. Kingston is like my home away from home. I absolutely love being there, and I would love to spend my life helping others in need. I also really enjoy volunteering. I recently joined Gamma Sigma Sigma, Clemson's service sorority. I like being involved in an organization that is constantly reaching out to others, and there is always an opportunity to do community service.

I love doing water sports. I come from a swimming family. I was a competitive swimmer for 10 years, and both of my younger sisters also swim. While I no longer swim competitively, I am now on the club swim team at Clemson. I also LOVE water skiing. My family has a house on Lake Hartwell, so most of my time in the summer is spent on the lake. Basically, I am happy doing anything that involves being in the water!

No comments: